Do you look healthy easy snacky food that you and your kids can eat multiple ways? If so, this Almost Classic Chicken Salad is the perfect recipe!
Double the recipe and make a big bath to last the week or take to the pool for the perfect healthy lunch on the go. You can eat this chicken salad as a dip with veggies and organic crackers, in a wrap for a quick easy meal or even in a lettuce boat on on a bed of greens for a low carb option.
The possibilities are endless and it really is the best versatile snack that keeps well for days in the fridge. Chicken salad is the perfect meal prep food that doesn’t even feel like meal prep it comes together so quick!
The flavour comes from fresh herbs, and if they are from your garden even better! I am personally not a fan of grapes or nuts in my chicken salad but I do love a good crunch! The celery gives this almost classic chicken salad a good crunch and the peppers add a touch of sweetness with more crunch and added vitamins.
I always aim for equal or more veggies to protein ratio. It is is a great way to make sure we are incorporating veggies with every meal and also a great way to stretch a smaller portion of protein out making it budget friendly.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and what you think!
Almost Classic Chicken Salad
- 8 oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breast. (2 regular or 4 thin)
- 1 cup celery, chopped small
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh dill (or more to taste)
- 3 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp smak dab white wine herb mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed (or 1 tbsp lemon juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.