We are headed to my aunts pool today and we will be there over lunch time so I was thinking about what I could bring for the kids that’s healthy, filling and delicious! I instantly thought of these zucchini carrot muffins and knew they would be the perfect portable snack to replenish the kids after a couple hours of swimming.
These muffins include a mix of whole wheat and almond flour and pack a punch with an equal portion of veggies to dough! Sometimes when baking with whole wheat and spelt it can yield a more dense texture to the muffins. Not the case with these! These healthy zucchini carrot muffins are totally light and fluffy.
Healthy zucchini carrot muffins make the perfect snack, portable lunch for the beach/pool and are perfect for school lunches! Pick up some zucchini and carrots at your local farmers market and whip up a batch today!
Healthy Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pans with coconut oil, butter or liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Whisk together until combined.
- in another bowl, beat the eggs then add the maple syrup or honey, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the zucchini, carrots, raisins and chia seeds.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.