After making this recipe a bunch of times and getting lots of requests for the recipe, I am happy to finally post this delicious Low Carb Egg Bake for you!
I make this egg bake weekly for our family. It is an excellent solution for busy weekdays and Mikel and I both love the convenience of having a fast easy breakfast we can heat up quickly. Mikel takes it to work and I eat it at home but both of us love how delicious, filling and versatile it is!
It is the perfect recipe for feeding a crowd or when company comes over. I even made it for my friend and her family who came over for brunch and after their rave reviews, I knew it wasn’t just us that love it! The ingredients can be mixed and matched to your preference making it the perfect easy solution for weekday breakfast for busy families.
Tip: When making this dish be sure to chop up the spinach well if using fresh spinach.
Low Carb Breakfast Bake
- 1 tbsp ghee (melted to coat the pan)
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potato (can use regular potato) diced
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 lb healthy choice farmer sausage. Can use Chicken sausage, italian sausage (mild or spicy depending on your preference) or breakfast sausage.
- 12 eggs whisked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place ghee on the bottom of an 9×13 glass dish. Place in the oven until ghee is melted.
- Spread potatoes, onion, peppers and zucchini on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 20-25 mins or until soft.
- Transfer potato mixture to baking dish, add sausage and spinach on top. Feel free to add any fresh herbs or spices to taste
- Whisk eggs and pour over ingredients. Bake for 20 minutes or until middle of casserole is set.