Salads are one of the easiest things to throw together and cucumber salad is in my top 3 favourite salads ever. This perfect cucumber salad is refreshing, crunchy and the perfect compliment to any meal.
After craving cucumber salad one day, I decided to give this recipe a bit of a healthy update swapping out sour cream for plain Icelandic yogurt instead. Skyr yogurt is thicker, creamier and has more protein and less sugar than greek yogurt making it my favourite choice.
This dish is also packed with fresh dill and if you ask me you can never have enough fresh dill! It just might be my favourite herb!
It is also my humble opinion that fresh garden cucumbers taste the best in this salad. If you don’t have a green thumb, try hitting up your local farmers market for in season fresh from the garden cukes, trust me, its worth it!
Perfect Cucumber Salad
- 2 large cucumbers (or 6-8 smaller garden cukes)
- 1/2 cup skyr (icelandic) yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Wash and partially peel the cucumbers. Cut into thin slices and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over cucumber slices. Stir to combine.