I don’t think there is an easy or more delicious dessert than a fruit crips! Every time I think of one my mouth waters at the thought. In my world no summer, especially at the lake, is complete without one!
Most people fancy crisps because its easy ingredients and the perfect dessert choice when you have a bounty of a particular fruit. In season fruit is always the best in my opinion which makes it best in the summertime when you can capture fresh strawberries, blueberry, cherries, saskatoon berries, plums, peaches, nectarines and apples as you head into fall!
Clearly I’m hard pressed to find a reason to not love this super dish! Once again I am excited to share a health-ified version so you can still indulge in your favourite dish without the guilt, or refind sugar! I’ve got your back!
Straweberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped same size as strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp arrowroot powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup organice/gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a bowl combine strawberries, rhubarb, vanilla, honey, lemon juice, arrowroot powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Layer the fruit mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the rolled oats, almond meal, pecans and cinnamon. Stir well. Slowly drizzle in the honey stirring to combine. add the coconut oil and mix with your fingers until crumbs begin to form.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the fruit filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the fruit begins to bubble and the top is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.