Every so often I crave a good hearty, stick to your bones kinda dinner. I love one pan meals that can be thrown together quickly and baked in the oven, saving me time to do other things instead of standing over the stove.
I stumbled across this recipe creation when I was craving something creamy and delicious but also looking for a way to make it healthy and give me leftovers to have later in the week for lunches.
The secret to the creaminess of this skinny broccoli and chicken bake is my creamy cauliflower sauce recipe! Trust me, its so delicious I challenge you to not tell anyone it was made with cauliflower and not cream and I bet they wouldn’t even know!
I especially love recipes like this for the kids as it packs another nutritious punch with added veggies. It is also low carb option if you are looking to decrease carbs in your diet.
Skinny Broccoli and Chicken Bake
Cauliflower Cream Sauce
- 1/2 head cauliflower (or 10 0z bag florets or 2.5 cups riced cauliflower)
- 1 cup broth, vegetable or chicken
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup low fat milk or nut milk of choice unsweetened
- 1 clove garlic (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Broccoli and Chicken
- 3 cups Cauliflower Cream Sauce
- 4 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken, chopped. Or rotisserie chicken shredded.
- 2.5 cups broccoli, cooked.
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese or dairy free cheese alternative
- 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs (seasoned or plain)
- Make your cauliflower cream sauce. (Steam cauliflower and add all ingredients into blender and blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 9×13 pan with olive oil.
- Combine broccoli, chopped cooked chicken (or shredded rotisserie chicken) and cauliflower cream sauce in a large bowl or mix together in baking dish to save time.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with panko crumbs. Spray top of crumbs with a little olive oil spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes uncovered.